WELCOME TO THE FOOD WORKING GROUP!
IF LOCAL AND SUSTAINABLE FOOD IS IMPORTANT TO YOU – YOU’RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE!
The mission of the Wilmington In Transition Local Food Working Group is to increase the resilience of our community by:
• encouraging the growing, buying, preserving, preparing, and eating of local organic food and
• increasing the community’s involvement in WIT and the Transition movement
We plan to accomplish this mission by working, in conjunction with like-minded groups, to:
• host informative events
• facilitate harvest sharing
• bring additional land into productive use, and
• ensure that local policy is compatible with the availability of local organic food
Currently, the Food Working Group meets ever 4th Monday of the month at 7:00 pm – Usually, at Woodlawn Library. (please see the WIT Calendar of events on this website for updates). These meetings are open to anyone with an interest in the mission and goals stated above, and we’re open to expanding on the goals and methods mentioned here, to further build a sustainable, thriving, local and organic food system in the Greater Wilmington area. All skill levels are encouraged to join!